If you are unaware of the harmful effects of fluoride, then check out this article. Also, Fluoride Free Austin, is a great site to stay up to date on the latest research and happenings. In a nutshell, how toxic is fluoride--
- It is a component of rat poison and many other common pesticides
- It is corrosive enough to etch glass
- Fluoridated toothpastes carry a poison warning on the label
- The EPA prohibits discharging fluorides directly into natural waterways, including the ocean. Fluoride disposal is regulated under the rules for hazardous waste.
- Handlers are required to wear a NIOSH-approved cartridge respirator with full-face shield, tight-fitting chemical splash goggles, and acid-proof protective clothing, gloves and shoes.
Needless to say, I do not want this crap (fluoride) in my water, especially since I am someone who consumes around 80oz of water daily.
There are multiple avenues to get fluoride-free water:
- If you are looking for an inexpensive way, then make a trip to your grocery store, purchase BPA free jugs, and fill them up weekly. At HEB in Austin, the fluoride free water is only $.35 a gallon; Sprout's, Wheatsville, and Whole Foods also offer fluoride free water refills.
- If you own your house, you can put an entire system on your water that removes fluoride, but this is quite the investment.
- Lastly, this is a great water pitcher that you can refill that removes all the impurities.
MOST BOTTLED WATER CONTAINS FLUORIDE. If it does not state that it's fluoride-free, then do not waste your money. Pick one of the options and get to drinking fluoride-free water.