- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 pound hot pork italian sausage
- ½ purple onion, diced
- 1 cup pizza sauce (no sugar added)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place spaghetti squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skin of the squash gives when you press on it. Then reduce oven heat to 350 degrees.
- Once squash is done cooking, remove threads and place in an 8×8 greased baking dish.
- Place a large pan over medium heat. Add italian sausage and onion. Cook until pink no longer remains in the sausage and it is broken up into pieces.
- Add pizza sauce, dried basil and salt and pepper to the pan and mix well.
- Add sausage mixture to the 8×8 dish and mix well with spaghetti squash threads.
- Lastly, add whisked eggs to the baking dish and mix everything together until you can no longer see the eggs.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until the top of the mixture forms a slight crust that doesn’t give when you press on it in the middle of the dish.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.