MARGARITAS & MEXICAN FOOD
- Takoba– 1411 E 7th St
- Best outdoor patio! Try the Torta de Carnita or de Salmon and cut the bread and put the meal on a house salad. Great place to brunch. $7 mimosa carafes.
- El Alma– 1025 Barton Springs Rd
- Beautiful upstairs patio. Try the sangria and house frozen rita with a chile rim. I love getting the steak & fish tacos a la carte and pairing with the side of spinach and mushrooms or the plaintains
- El Chile– 1809 Manor Rd.
- Best frozen ritas in Austin! Great place to brunch with Big Ass mimosas. I recommend the watermelon mimosa.
- Polvo’s– 2004 S 1st St
- Hole in the wall mexican restaurant that’s been around forever. Try the steak fajitas and mexican martini sans the agave nectar.
- Gloria’s– 300 W. 6th St– right in the heart of Downtown
- Try the house frozen rita and brisket tacos OR salmon chimichurii salad.
- Alcomar– 1816 S. 1st St.
- The ceviche and wood-grilled calamari is amazing! They make awesome house ritas and I cut the agave and add a chile rim. Everything on this menu tastes great!
- I feel like I’m on an east coast vacay when I dine here. I love going for happy hour or brunch! Drinks, food, ambiance is all on point. You can’t go wrong with anything on the menu.
- Eastside Tavern–
- I love going here for brunch! You can get any of the meats on a salad or go all in and get something more heavy. The sweet potato brisket hash is the bomb! My favorite part are the $10 bottomless mimosas (orange juice or grapefruit), and if you are a Bloody Mary person they offer $15 bottomless bloody’s.
- Lustre Pearl on Rainey
- My most fav people work there! Ask for T’Andra!
- Dogwood on W. 6th
- The owners and staff are awesome! Fun DJ on the weekends.
- J. Black’s on W. 6th
- Awesome staff and DJ Kurupt on Saturday nights, which is always fun!
- Green Light Social
- One of the few upstair patio bars in the city. Fun bartenders, creative drinks, awesome DJ plus they have a secret back room if you can get the hook up to go back there and have a more chill evening.
- The Blackheart– 86 Rainey St
- Try any of their whiskey concoctions
- The Golden Goose on S. Lamar – better known at The Goose to locals
- Alllll drinks are great here and it’s a dive bar with a makeover but still a total dive feeling.
- The Grove
- I love the location on W. 6th and sitting at the bar is so fun as the staff is super friendly. The wine and bubbles flights are great and I love the Rosé of the day during the summer months. You can’t go wrong with their salads if you want to keep it on the healthy side and the gluten-free bruschetta is delish!
- Blender & Bowls
- My favs are the OG or Chill Berry bowl. I cut the honey and granola and add additional goji berries and coconut.
- Thai Fresh
- I love the Coconut Soup “Tom Kha” add I add oyster mushrooms. The gluten-free bakery is to die for and offers some of the best cookies I’ve ever eaten.
- Royal Blue
- The tarragon chicken salad is to die for!
- 24 Diner
- Try the sweet potato hash! For lunch or dinner, try the deviled eggs and lamb burger sans the bun with sweet potato fries
- I love getting coffee here as they have ALLLLL the things and if butter coffee is your thing they have it too. Seriously, everything is good on the menu and from all fresh ingredients. They have a trailer and a brick and mortar. Eat your heart away!