ATTENTION: abs on abs on abs
In lieu of the upcoming Valentine’s Day, I am kicking off Love My Abs challenge in all my classes (boot camps & indoor). This is a 4-week challenge to jump start your ripped abs for Spring Break and the summer.
WHAT: Perform the following exercises 3x/week (total 12 times)
WHEN: February 14th- March 14th
HOW: Track and share your progress in the comments section below
A) 4 sets-
15 V-ups–> focus on hollow body form
30 plank knee 2 elbow–> focus on hands directly over shoulders
B) Tabata- 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off, for a total of 8 rounds– WATCH THIS VIDEO.
Hollow body hold
C) 90 second plank hold– switch from high to low plank every 30 seconds
If you want to take it to the next level, I challenge you to clean up your nutrition. Use the following plan to step your way into action and start at the week that best fits where you are nutritionally.
- Week 1: protein packed breakfast with veggies as carbs. No fruit at breakfast. Drink a minimum of 1 gallon of water daily.
- Week 2: same as week 1 + protein packed mid-afternoon snack.
- Week 3: same as week 1, week 2, + 3 salads per week at lunch or dinner. Salad includes lots of kale, spinach, olives, avocado, chicken/beef/fish, artichokes, mushrooms, olive oil & vinegar as dressing, etc. No cheese on salad.
- Week 4: same as week 1, week 2, week 3 + max of 1 dessert a week
- Week 5: same as week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4 + 3 dinners per week full of protein, vegetables, and healthy fats. No bread, pasta, rice, or white potatoes at these 3 dinners.
- Week 6: same as week 1, week 2, week 3, week 4, week 5 + 5 salads per week at lunch or dinner & 5 dinners per week full of protein, vegetables, and healthy fats. No bread, pasta, rice, or white potatoes at these 5 dinners.
- Week 7 and on: Maintenance. Apply the guidelines from week 6 and challenge yourself to go an entire 6 days of eating clean for all meals.